The Biotron greenhouse features a large potting area equipped with a sink and several types of potting mixes.
Plant Harvesting Area
After the experiment, you need to harvest the plants. This area and an adjacent instrument room are available for your work. The harvest area has:
- Large stainless steel table for working with your plants.
- Sinks with special soil traps so you can wash soil from the roots.
- Two large drying ovens.
- Autoclaves - Media preperation or bio-waste disposal.
- Refrigerator and Freezer.
Next to the harvest area is the instrument room. This room houses many pieces of equipment which may be used by researchers, including:
- Leaf area meter (LICOR 3100)
- Balances for fresh and dry weights
- PH meter
- Light meters
- Laboratory glassware
- SPAD chlorophyll meter